About the Founder
Linda is known by many in the community with 32 years of Travel Industry experience. She has traveled extensively, covering six continents which were significantly influenced by her pastors at age 16 years of age who invited her on a first time out of State to a Youth Conference in Detroit Michigan. Among the many stops was the Grand Canyon which is where she was enlightened and inspired to see more of the world she lived in. In 2001, being driven by her passion for travel, the concern and growing need for educational travel for students, Linda readily received the vision to create Zion Travel Foundation to help underprivileged children have an opportunity to see the world, learn history, observe other cultures and lifestyles to improve self awareness and become leaders who bring positive change for those around them.
Zion Travel Foundation’s mission is to provide national and international travel for students who are underprivileged, and from low income households. We further our purposes under this program by instructing, and training youth for the purpose of improving or developing their geographic capabilities.
Zion Travel Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) public charity, organized and operated exclusively for educational and charitable purposes. One hundred percent of our Funds come from donors.
Zion Travel Foundation is inspired and driven by the concern and growing need for educational travel offered to underprivileged students not only to see the world, learn history, observe other cultures and lifestyles but to enlighten their eyes, minds hearts, spirit, to improve self awareness, and to become leaders who bring positive change for those around them.
The heart of Zion Travel Foundation remains the one-to-one connection made through child sponsorship. Our work began in 2003 with an effort to sponsor students who had shown an interest in geography and curiosity to see other students around the world.
These journeys were funded by individuals in America who made contributions to our cause. This approach continues today.What began as a modest effort to offer educational travel to students has evolved into a 501 (c) (3) Organization. Our area of excellence and great strength is our deep knowledge of global travel destinations, understanding of children's experiences of, exclusion and vulnerability, and our dedication to placing those experiences at the center of our policy and practice.
We offer travel destinations all over the world, working with companies whose focus is educational travel for students and their family members and or chaperone, regardless of race, creed or gender. Our distinctive approach focuses on working with children throughout their journey from students to young adulthood, and with local organizations and communities to create the environments children need to thrive.
Join Zion Study Tours Program for Sponsors, Donors to learn more about the students and communities in our programs. See the world, tour exotic and historic sites and discover how Zion Study Tours makes a difference in the lives of children.
Study Tours are being planned for 2012-2013. Let us know if you wish to receive information when details become available for these study tours. Please also revisit our website periodically for specific tour announcements.
Each Study Tour provides opportunities for sponsors and donors to travel to towns and villages suggested by Zion Travel Foundation. Participants also will see our interventions change the lives of students.
Call 813-929-3373 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about traveling with Zion Study Tours (ZST) and visiting programs through our Study Tours.
The ZTF Approach
“Enriching students lives through educational travel”
Giving a voice to underprivileged, deprived, excluded and students of low income families. Children in these categories have long been overlooked as solution sources. We tap into their lives and their longings to uncover truths that make a difference between barely existing and truly prospering.
Our distinctive approach focuses on working with students throughout their journey from their first educational travel experience throughout to young adulthood, as well as with their families, local organizations and communities to create the travel experience students need to thrive.
- That all children deserve an environment of hope, respect and understanding.
- That it takes a global perspective and a collaborative effort to substantially impact the issues of poverty that face children today. That we must work together to create an environment of understanding towards all children and that this environment must embrace cultural and religious diversity. That all of our actions must be guided by the utmost integrity and transparency. That we are accountable for all funds we receive and that we will always be honest with our donors and stakeholders and that we will use their funds in the most efficient and productive manner.
They guide us in our decision-making and bind us together throughout the world, across great distances and many languages.
- Promoting positive outcomes for students Demonstrating integrity, openness and honesty, including stewardship of all resources Upholding the respect and value of the individual, Championing diversity of thought and experience, Fostering innovation and challenge and; Proactively connecting and collaborating.
Zion Travel Foundation pledges to deal fairly, equitably, openly and honestly…
- by giving the highest priority in all decisions to the well-being of each individual child in a constructive family and community context; by fostering his or her growth as a contributing member of society; by promoting his or her self-respect and human rights, and by internationally promoting social and economic development consistent with these goals.
- by ensuring that they fully understand their parental rights and obligation to assume responsibility for their role in Zion Travel Foundation programs so that they and their children can realize their full potential as the primary force in determining their own destiny.
With our donors:
- by standing fully behind the accuracy of information sent to donors from the field about the needs of each individual child and his or her family, and
- by responding to the sponsor’s inquiries promptly, honestly, and as fully as possible, in keeping with the highest standards of respect for the rights and sensitivity of all parties concerned.
Our programs change people in small but significant ways; ZTF participants broaden their outlook, acquire new skills, see new countries, and gain more confidence. Helping people is an every day part of our business. We are also engaged in a number of meaningful causes and affiliated with a few charitable organizations.